Wednesday 27 November 2013

My Second Life as an Architecture Student

I left behind a lucrative, corporate job in the high-tech world to follow the passion of my life - to study architecture. To do that, I packed up my family, travel half-way round the world, with my babies from California to an island not known to many, called Penang in Malaysia. Penang will be a great place to learn architecture as I have always been in love with architecture of the "old-world" - a mix of colonialism and local architecture, a mix of old-world and modernity.

My first day back at school was something totally unexpected. Hostel life! Check out the room. Keep in mind, this is my third degree, after having earned a BA and an MBA. I am not quite ready to be a student again. Firstly, the sight of the room threw me off. (I know it's temporary). Secondly, I looked far too old to blend in with my undergraduate buddies. My exciting, yet challenging journey as a student begins right now….

No comments:

Post a Comment